For the Crust
• Preheat the oven to 350 and grease a springform pan.
• Crush the graham crackers until fine. Stir together the graham crackers, salt, brown sugar, and melted butter.
• Press the crust into the greased pan using a small glass or measuring cup. Bake for 15 minutes, cool completely.
For the Maraschino Cherry Jam
• Put the cherry juice and lemon juice into a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
• In a separate bowl, stir together the cornstarch and water until there are no clumps. Stir the cornstarch slurry into the cherry juice.
• Continue to cook until it is thick enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon. Set aside.
For the Cherry Caramel Sauce
• In a medium saucepan, add the sugar, karo, and water. Stir it around so that all of the sugar is coated with water. Cook over medium heat until the
sugar is dissolved and it starts to bubble around the edges. Cover with a lid for three minutes. Continue to cook until the caramel reaches a dark
• Remove from the heat for 30 seconds. Slowly stir in the heavy cream until incorporated. Stir in the butter, then the cherry jam. Set aside to cool.
For the Cheesecake Filling
• In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese on medium for 5 minutes.
• In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, and salt. Add the flour mixture to the cream cheese and mix to incorporate.
• Add the vanilla and sour cream, mix to combine. Add the eggs, one at a time, until incorporated. Be sure to scrape down the bottom and sides of the
bowl several times throughout the process to ensure the cheesecake is free of lumps.
• Pour the cheesecake batter into the cooled crust. Swirl the cherry caramel into the cheesecake batter. Wrap the springform pan with a slow cooker
liner and then foil to prevent any leaking.
• Place cheesecake into a water bath and bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 325 and continue to bake the cheesecake until
set, an additional 45-55 minutes.
• Crack the oven door and let the cheesecake cool in the oven for 1 hour. Refrigerate overnight. Top with whipped cream and cherries before serving.
For the Whipped Cream
•Add all the ingredients to a cold glass bowl and whisk until you reach your desired consistency. You may also use a hand or stand mixer for this!