1. Drain and cut the Reese Water Chestnuts in half then set aside.
2. In a small sauce pot, melt the butter and whisk in the flour to make a roux, about 1 minute on medium heat. Next, slowly add the milk while whisking until the sauce becomes thick. Season with French Onion Recipe Mix, turn off the heat and set aside.
3. Rinse and cut the green beans in half then simmer in boiling water for 3-4 minutes.
4. Add the blanched green beans to a large bowl with the water chestnuts and the seasoned French onion cream sauce. Stir to coat the green beans and water chestnuts in the sauce then spoon into a baking dish, flatten the top then sprinkle with the sliced almonds.
5. Bake uncovered at 375°F for 30-35 minutes or until the almonds are lightly toasted and the green bean casserole is bubbly.