1. Drain hearts of palm and place them a plate lined with paper towels. Pat them dry and then season with 1/2 tsp of salt.
2. Place 1/4 cup of olive oil in a large saute pan set over medium heat. When the oil is hot and shimmery, add the hearts of palm in a single layer. Saute for 5 minutes, flip and then cook for another 3-4 until both sides are golden brown. Remove hearts of palm from pan and set aside.
3. Turn the heat down to low and add the remaining 2 tbsp of olive oil, along with the garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook on low for about 5 minutes, just until the garlic is fragrant and is beginning to turn golden in color. Season with 1/2 tsp of kosher salt.
4. Increase the heat to medium, add the lemon juice, white wine, and lemon slices. Simmer for 5-7 minutes, until the sauce has thickened just slightly. Remove lemon slices, and add the hearts of palm and the parsley, stirring to coat, and then remove sauce from heat and set aside.
5. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to boil and cook pasta according to package instructions, reserving about 1/2 of pasta water before draining.
6. Add drained pasta to the pan with the scampi toss to coat, adding splashes of reserved pasta water to loosen if needed. Serve immediately.
By: Anna Ramiz @gatheredatmytable