1) Line a 9x9 inch baking dish with plastic wrap and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Spray another piece of plastic wrap to cover the top, and set aside.
2) Place 1/2 cup of water in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, and sprinkle gelatin on top of water to soak.
While gelatin is soaking, combine 1/4 cup of water, corn syrup, and sugar in a saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat. Boil the mixture hard for 1 minute.
3) Carefully pour the hot sugar mixture into the gelatin mixture and beat on high for 12 minutes with an electric mixer, until the mixture is fluffy and forms stiff peaks. Add in vanilla extract. At this point either add in the chopped Reese Maraschino Cherries or Carrington Farms Matcha Powder and beat until just combined.
4) Pour the marshmallow mixture into the prepared baking dish, using a greased spatula to smooth the top. Cover the candy with the piece of prepared plastic wrap, pressing it down lightly to seal the covering to the top of the candy.
5) Allow the marshmallow candy to rest for 4 hours or overnight. Mix together cornstarch and confectioners’ sugar in a shallow dish (and optionally a Tablespoon of Carrington Farms Matcha Powder). Using oiled scissors or an oiled kitchen knife, cut the marshmallow candy into strips, then into 1 inch squares. Dredge the marshmallows lightly in the cornstarch mixture and store in an airtight container.